World Travel Resource : Check out this pdf travel guide for great tips on traveling the world on a budget.Click through here to check out the guide.
If you want to learn how to travel the World cheap, you need to be a little creative. Going along to a travel agent and booking your trip just won’t cut it! Here are some of my favorite tips for low cost – or even no cost, travel!
Be Creative With Accommodation
- If you are lucky enough to have your own home, rent your property out while you are away so that you can offset this income against your travel costs. Alternatively, house swap in another country – there are many websites you can check out that facilitate house swaps.
- House sit for someone else who is on vacation or in hospital or who has to be away from home for an extended period of time. This way you will get great accommodation in return for looking after the home and sometimes, family pets.
- Look for apartments to rent instead of staying in a hotel, sharing with other travelers makes this option even cheaper.
Creative Ways To Cut Down On Travel Costs
- For Ocean travel, you can get free passage by applying as yacht crew to your destination – admittedly, it is not that easy to get this sort of job but if you have sailing skills, engineering or mechanical skills or you are a great cook, your services could be in demand.
- Cut car costs by transporting other people’s vehicles. Often when people move to another Country – or even another State, they do not want to drive their car. While they fly to their destination, you could get there for free by driving their vehicle.
- In many countries, hitch hiking is much more the norm than it is here. You may be hesitant to try this because of the obvious potential dangers, but if you are traveling with a Buddy, this may be a good option.
- If you are using hostel accommodation, there will be many other like-minded people there, ask around and maybe you could share transport, either by pooling car hire or taxi fares.
Creative Ways To Work Your Way Around The World
- If you want to avoid the necessity for a work permit or a Visa, working in return for board and lodging gets around this – as long as no money changes hands, it is fine. Working at a hostel can be a good option.
- Look for odd jobs in the area by checking classifieds in local papers or apply for au pair, handyman or general assistant positions. A good place to look online for this sort of work is http://www.helpx.net/.
- Teach English. You do not have to be a qualified English teacher to teach English as a foreign language and you can often get free meals and accommodation in return for having English conversation sessions, either one-to-one or in a small group.
This selection of my favorite tips only scratches the surface of how to travel the World cheap it’s just a question of thinking outside the box! Time and money are always interchangeable and if you are willing to give some of your time, your travel costs will be vastly reduced – and your travel experience, greatly enriched.
(Remember, you can check out that guide here…Click through here to get the guide. )